Wednesday, July 21, 2010

June Trading Results

June turned out well with profits of 4,673 pips. I don't have time to list the results for each individual trade but one can look back in the blog to find the detail. By pair, the results were:

AUDUSD +2,169 pips (the clear winner for me)
EURCHF +230 pips
EURGBP +245 pips
EURUSD +1,222 pips
GBPJPY +218 pips
GBPUSD +99 pips
USDCAD + 456 pips
USDCHF +34 pips (every pip counts, right?)

2010 has been filled with great trading opportunities that have suited my style. I took advantage of them with hard work using classical technical analysis. I didn't use some weird mysterious approach; I didn't use the stars. This is not to say that there might not be some validity in astro-economics. It's only that I haven't yet discovered it if there is. But the point is, you don't need it if you're willing to study the charts and trade with iron-clad discipline.

I always have mixed feelings about posting results since it puts the emphasis on success in the one dimension of profits. But one can be a good trader and have a losing month. Indeed, I'd expect one for myself at some point since I've been profitable every month since last fall when I started this blog. Maybe July will be it with the summer doldrums. However, if I have good reasons for my trades, if I can justify them with weight of evidence, if I use good risk management, then I am a good trader and the results are irrelevant.

Since October 2009 when I began reporting my results, the pips have been:

2010
June +4,673 pips
May +5,352 pips
Apr +2,366 pips
Mar +6,141 pips
Feb +5,915 pips
Jan +3,116 pips

2009
Dec +2,092 pips
Nov +2,054 pips
Oct +1,994 pips

No comments:

Post a Comment